AN APPEAL FROM FR. PRINCIPAL
St. Xavier’s is a Jesuit institution with one history but many stories, one fire with many sparks; It forms men and women for others, men and women who display competence, commitment, conscience and compassion.
One of the ten best Colleges in India credited with autonomous status and a College with Potential for Excellence (CPE) status, it is where the mind is without fear and the head is held high.
The work is of God and it shall excel – St. Xavier’s is God’s will and it fosters sacred sentiments “Seemar Majhe Ashim Tume”.
We celebrate a legacy of 152-year and pledge to prosper with our motto, ‘Nihil Ultra (Nothing Beyond)’
We journey with dedication and determination to illuminate the minds of many with enduring wisdom. It is a march towards new directions of expansion, both academic and infrastructure. We are thinking of SXC Vision 2025.
Our plans are:
- Two hostels at AJC Bose Road campus: - one for boys with 300 seats and the other for girls with 150 seats. The construction work is in progress. The demand for hostels is increasing and we must provide adequate residential facilities to our students.
- St. Xavier’s Guesthouse in Salt Lake is near completion.
- EM By pass campus is being developed. The EMMRC, now housed at Park Circus, will be soon moved to this second campus.
We plan to make this campus a communication hub, with MCV, Film Studies, Journalism, Multimedia and Animation courses. As you see in the site plan, there will be hostel facilities. We also plan to start a biological science research center.
- The Government of Paschimbanga has allotted 16 acres of land to St. Xavier’s College. We have to buy this land. The College needs a huge amount of fund for its expansion/development.
The Hon’ble Chief Minister, Mamata Banerjee announced during the fifth convocation on January 22, 2012 that she would be delighted to see St. Xavier’s College as a University. “I want to see St. Xavier’s on the top. To see Bengal in the first position in education, we have to promote educational hubs. A College like St. Xavier’s with quality education must be upgraded.”
We are pleased with her announcement and offer. Now we are preparing ourselves for this new mission.
- We need your sustained support for SXC Vision 2025. Your support will go a long way to form the future generation of leaders for the country. It is my pleasure to invite you to join in our endeavour to explore and create new horizons in the field of education.
- Come Xaverians, participate in the dream of making your alma mater the destiny of the future, the home of us all. Your participation can be in the way of:
- General donation to the College’s development fund;
- Sponsorship of bricks (Rs 10,000/- for each brick);
- Sponsorship of a floor/block/building;
- Lakshya – Contribution of one lac/more towards the Rajarhat campus project.
- You are welcome to meet me (preferably between 5.00 and 7.30 pm) to discuss about SXC Vision 2025.
Cheques/DD to be drawn in favour of “St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata”. Your contributions will not only build Xavier's, but also tax deductible U/S 80G of IT Act.
With my prayers and blessings. Nihil Ultra (Nothing Beyond),
Father J. Felix Raj, SJ